Convertible units can function as either a refrigerator or a freezer. With some models, the entire unit changes from one to the other and back again, depending on your needs. Other models feature specific compartments or drawers that convert. In both types of appliances, conversion is easy simply push a button or turn a knob.
The main benefit of convertible technology is in converting the freezer to a fridge which is typically useful for people who don't store meat and ice cream much.
Danby Convertible Chest Freezer:
The appliance can be used as a refrigerator or a freezer. The temperature can be controlled by setting the thermostat dial on the front of the cabinet.
Refrigerator Use: To use the appliance as a refrigerator, set the thermostat dial in the REFRIGERATOR range. Using this setting allows the appliance to store fresh food and beverages. The internal temperature will be between 0 ~ 8C (32 - 46.4F).
Freezer Use: To use the appliance as a freezer, set the thermostat dial in the FREEZER range. Using this setting allows the appliance to store frozen foods and ice. The internal temperature will be between -12 ~ -24C (10.4 - -11.2F).
1) Never use electrical appliances during defrosting. Do not use pointed or sharp objects to remove frost as this can damage the refrigerant lines. If these lines are accidentally pierced it will render the freezer inoperable and void the manufacturers warranty.
2) The appliance is considered Garage Ready if it is being used as a freezer. If the thermostat dial is set in the REFRIGERATOR range, the appliance should only be used in climate-controlled spaces.
3) There are refrigerant lines in the cabinet walls that will get very cold. When using the appliance as a refrigerator, keep food items away from the cabinet walls to avoid freezing food.
4) Do not place liquid items in sealed bottles or containers into the appliance when it is being used as a freezer to avoid damage cause by expansion and cracking of the container
5) If the appliance has been used as a freezer and will be converted to use as a refrigerator, a large amount of condensation may form on the cabinet walls. Please check that all food items have been removed to avoid unwanted food defrosting. Defrost and clean the appliance before resuming use to avoid water accumulation inside the cabinet.
6) When using the appliance as a refrigerator, condensation may form on the walls and bottom of the cabinet. This is normal and does not impact the operation of the appliance. This condensed water can be removed from the cabinet by following the defrosting instructions in the manual.
7) The temperature ranges indicated in write up may vary depending on the model/ unit purchased. Please refer the Owners manual for the operating temperature range of the appliance purchased.
Energy Star Rated:
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
Some can even cover extra costs that result, such as cost of food that spoils when your fridge dies.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.